Become a Member
Anyone can attend, anytime, for as long as you want. However, UUBC has established three requirements to be a voting member:
1. Participate in a UU Orientation
2. Contribute Financially
3. Attend more than 25 percent of Sunday Services UUBC. (One can be a non-voting member by satisfying Nos. 1 and 2.)
The first UU Orientation was a two part program on the 3rd Sundays in May and June (2014).
- The May program (Phase 1) included a UU video that provides information about the denomination.
- The June Program (Phase 2) included a talk by Jeff Tate about the history of UUBC.
Options have been established for both UU Orientation programs for prospective members to qualify for membership by completing Phase I, Phase II and Phase III below and submitting the Membership Orientation Form.
Phase 1 Membership Qualification: View on-line videos.
- Click on this link, “Voices of a Liberal Faith”, to watch a ten minute video of UUs from around the country explaining why they are UUs.
- Then attend the Topic Sunday Presentation by Richard Bland on October 18, 2015 or click on one (1) of the following, view the video:
- History of Unitarian Universalism, Erik Resly Jan 21, (106 minutes). First Parish in Milton Unitarian Universalist had new members attend a class on the History of their faith created by Interim Minister Erik Resly.
- 8.11.13 SERMON: “Unitarian Unitarian Universalism 101” ~ Rev. Aaron White, First Unitarian Church of Dallas (20 minutes).
- 08.26.12 SERMON “The Basics of Unitarian Universalism” ~ Rev. Aaron White, First Unitarian Church of Dallas (24.50 minutes).
Phase II Membership Qualification: View the YouTube video
Phase III Membership Qualification:
Finally click on the link below, print and complete the form and submit it to the board by inserting it into the offering basket at a meeting.